Schedule your next eye care visit with Lisa Martén, M.D., Lara Rubinate D.O., Travis Lehr O.D., or Shannon Leon O.D.
South Texas Eye Institute has been treating patients in the San Antonio area for over 25 years. We offer high quality, compassionate, customer care in Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery with many English / Spanish speaking staff and doctors.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality Ophthalmology services in a setting that is attractive to patients of all ethnic and educational backgrounds, that is cost effective, and meets the needs of our community.
Lisa Martén M.D. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist by the American Board of Ophthalmology with advanced fellowship training in Cornea, External Diseases, and Refractive Surgery. Doctor Martén is also the official eye care provider for the San Antonio Rampage (hockey team) and San Antonio STARS (women’s basketball team). Lara Rubinate D.O. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist by the American Board of Ophthalmology who trained and served in the United States Army. Travis Lehr O.D. and Shannon Leon O.D. served many veterans with their eye care needs. Travis Lehr O.D. and Shannon Leon O.D also both have residency training to increase the scope and depth of medical eye exams. South Texas Eye Institute will provide a thorough exam along with your opportunity to have a one-on-one personal consult with our doctors.
We are your one-stop medical care facility for specialty and routine eye care needs, such as diabetic eye exams, eye surgeries, glasses and contact lenses. Visit our doctors to receive services like:
- Lasik, PRK, Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
- Cataract Surgery (Advanced Lens- Symfony)
- Routine Eye Exams, Diabetic Eye Care
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Dry Eyes
- Eyelid Surgery
- Corneal Transplants (PKP / DSEK)
- Collagen Cross-linking Surgery
- Aesthetic Care (Juvederm-forehead, Botox-eyes, and Kybella-chin tuck procedure)
So Stop Looking . . . Start Seeing and book your eye care appointment today!
See why patients choose South Texas Eye Institute:
- We offer high quality, compassionate, customer care in Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery with bilingual staff and doctors (English / Spanish).
- Board certified surgeon and corneal specialist, Lisa Martén, MD has a personal approach to preoperative evaluation and measurement, which enables her to provide an exceptional level of care.
- Dr. Martén is voted as one of the top 12 US LASIK Surgeons by peers! Learn More about Dr. Martén here.
- We own and operate our own equipment rather than rent the equipment, which reduces procedure costs.
- We use the latest bladeless technology, customizing your treatment to your unique eye.
- We have other LASIK surgeons utilize our Laser and have our team conduct pre-testing for their patients.
Learn about Margaret’s Eye Care Experience
Here are some more ways to get to know us: