Schedule your next eye care visit with Lisa Martén, M.D., Lara Rubinate D.O., Salwa Khan O.D., or Shannon Leon O.D.
South Texas Eye Institute has been treating patients in the San Antonio area for over 25 years. We offer high quality, compassionate, customer care in Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery with many English / Spanish speaking staff and doctors.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality Ophthalmology services in a setting that is attractive to patients of all ethnic and educational backgrounds, that is cost effective, and meets the needs of our community.
Lisa Martén M.D. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist by the American Board of Ophthalmology with advanced fellowship training in Cornea, External Diseases, and Refractive Surgery. Board certified surgeon, corneal specialist, and owner of the clinic, Lisa Martén M.D., has a personal approach to preoperative evaluation and measurement, which enables her to provide an exceptional level of care. She has performed Lasik on thousands of patients.
Lara Rubinate D.O. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist by the American Board of Ophthalmology who trained and served in the United States Army.
Salwa Khan O.D. and Shannon Leon O.D. served many veterans with their eye care needs. Salwa Khan O.D. and Shannon Leon O.D also both have residency training to increase the scope and depth of medical eye exams. South Texas Eye Institute will provide a thorough exam along with your opportunity to have a one-on-one personal consult with our doctors.
We are your one-stop medical care facility for specialty and routine eye care needs, such as diabetic eye exams, eye surgeries, glasses and contact lenses. Visit our doctors to receive services like:
- LASIK, PRK, Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
- Cataract Surgery (Advanced Lens- Symfony)
- Routine Eye Exams, Diabetic Eye Care
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Dry Eyes
- Eyelid Surgery
- Corneal Transplants (PKP / DSEK)
- Collagen Cross-linking Surgery
- Aesthetic Care (Juvederm-forehead, Botox-eyes, and Kybella-chin tuck procedure)
Take our LASIK evaluation, Cataract evaluation, or Dry Eye evaluation for more information.
So Stop Looking . . . Start Seeing and book your eye care appointment today!
See why patients choose South Texas Eye Institute:
- South Texas Eye Institute is the first clinic to perform LASIK in San Antonio.
- South Texas Eye Institute won the 2017 Winner of Better Business Bureau serving the Heart of Texas Torch Award for Ethics.
- Dr. Martén won 2017 Women’s Leadership Awards from the San Antonio Business Journal.
- Dr. Martén received 2016 Healthcare Hero of the Year Award from the San Antonio Business Journal.
- Dr. Martén is voted as one of the top 12 US LASIK Surgeons by peers! Learn More about Dr. Martén here.
- We offer high quality, compassionate, customer care in Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery.
- Many of of our technicians and doctors are bilingual (English / Spanish).
- We own and operate our own equipment rather than rent the equipment, which reduces procedure costs.
- We have other LASIK surgeons utilize our Laser and have our team conduct pre-testing for their patients.
- We use the latest bladeless technology, customizing your treatment to your unique eye.
Learn about Margaret’s Eye Care Experience
Here are some more ways to get to know us: