We reinvest our profits back into the clinic in order provide quality patient care with the highest technology and training for our staff
A few ways we at South Texas Eye Institute give back to our community:
- We donate to Bexar County Mounted Patrol Police Organization, icare San Antonio, various church causes, and we donate equipment to Haven for Hope, eye glasses to the Lions Club, and volunteer at numerous community events.
- We provide quality care including our Military personnel; we offer special discounts on services like LASIK.
- We host fun awareness video shoots in honor of specific causes, such as Diabetes Awareness Month or Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- We are the official eye care providers for the Women’s NBA Basketball Team; San Antonio Silver Stars, as well as the San Antonio Hockey Team; San Antonio Rampage.
- We have a huge trust factor with Better Business Bureau, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and other Ophthalmologists who often refer their patients to Dr. Martén for specialty evaluation and treatment.
We like to generate community awareness for different causes that are relevant to the San Antionio community. Below are few examples of ways we show support:
South Texas Eye Institute partners with the Texas Medical Association and the YMCA bike Siclovia event in San Antonio. One of the outreach campaigns is a B-eye-Cycle drawing contest for the YMCA youth after programs for a chance to win a bike.
South Texas Eye Institute staff also give away helmets on the day of the Siclovia event for Helmet and Eye Safety Awareness Month.
Below is more information and a flyer about this upcoming Siclovia event: https://www.southtexaseyeinstitute.com/blog/siclovia/