Welcome to South Texas Eye Institute!
We are taking immediate steps to minimize the effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are closely following guidelines from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), and WHO (World Health Organization).
This is for your safety and for the community. #flatten the curve
- We respectfully ask if you are feeling unwell please reschedule and seek appropriate medical treatment.
- We are taking temperature readings. If symptoms are present, we will ask that you reschedule.
- Please try to limit family members/friends at your appointment if at all possible.
- We sanitize all instruments and contact surfaces at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Our staff will be sanitizing and washing their hands between patients and at regular intervals throughout the day.
During the next two weeks (March 16 – March 27, 2020) we will not be performing routine refractions.
If you require a refraction (measurement for glasses), we can schedule you at a later time for just this test.
Try to sit at least 3 ft (1 meter) away from others in the waiting room.
If the waiting room becomes too full, we may ask you to sit in your car until you are ready to be called.
Please do not be offended if:
- During your exam you are asked not to talk to decrease the transmission of germs.
- Our staff and Doctor do not shake your hand. The universal greeting at this time is to touch your heart and bow your head in respect.